Now you can book a virtual doctor consult after hours
Naturally, illnesses often occur after regular doctor surgery hours. Fortunately, our friends at Practice Plus have a fantastic virtual Telehealth service. The Practice Plus doctor team can help you and your whānau with healthcare consultations when our surgery is closed. It’s good to know that your patient notes from the online consult will be feedback to your usual GP at Botany Junction. It’s part of our ongoing promise for continuity of care.
What is the Fee cost of the Practice Plus telehealth service?
Consult fees will be paid directly to Practice Plus, which has been set up as:
- $19.50 for Community service card holders
- $55 for ages 13 and under
- $68 ages 14 and over
To connect to Practice Plus Telehealth, simply:
- Use a smartphone or other digital device with a wifi connection.
- Click on the ‘Book After Hours Consult’ button from our website.
- Register your details with Practice Plus or login if a returning patient.
- Pre-pay for your appointment. However, charges will only be applied after your appointment is finished.
- Either book a virtual consult time that suits you OR wait online in the queue for the next GP to become available.
- Practice Plus will email you a telehealth appointment link 15 minutes before the service starts.
- The GP you speak to will email prescriptions to you following your appointment.
- Later, your Botany Junction doctor will be able to see the notes from your online consult on MyIndici.
How can an after hours online doctor help (and when to go to Urgent Care in person)
Of course, sometimes it is necessary to be seen in person. So first and foremost, if you have a medical emergency, call 111 for an ambulance. Or you can visit East Care Urgent Care for services like:
- wound care
Book an online virtual consult with Patient Plus for after-hours GP services like:
- Prescription requests: this might include Urinary tract infections, emergency contraception or antibiotics
- Screening and diagnosing of symptoms
- Establishing if you need to go to an Urgent Care facility.
- During the consult, you might want to discuss concerns that can be assessed virtually, including temperatures, rashes, Covid-19 or flu symptoms.
Health care professionals who can help connect you to a Practice Plus Doctor
About Practice Plus
Practice Plus is a same day after hours service that works in streamline with GP networks to secure a continuity of care between patients day to day GP, and a GP virtual service.
Practice Plus is proudly supported by East Health. Practice Plus prides itself on increasing your access to primary care options.
Practice Plus FAQs
Practice Plus is there for you when you need to see a doctor after regular business hours. This includes weekday evenings and weekends. Via their online app, you can get help with things like a diagnosis of symptoms of illness or pain and emergency prescriptions. All you need is a smartphone or WIFI device. While you won't see your usual GP, the doctor you speak to online will give the outcome of your consultation to your regular GP via the Patient Portal, MyIndici.
Remember, if you have a serious emergency, call 111 or to see a GP in person, go to East Care Urgent Care or Middlemore Hospital.
Botany Junction is committed to promoting patient safety throughout their entire health journey. This includes looking after your wellbeing when we are not open. We’ve chosen Practice Plus because they work with our GPs to give feedback on your health. This online doctor service aims to maintain a high quality of healthcare for you in partnership with your day-to-day GP.
No, your after-hours virtual Practice Plus GP will share notes with your regular GP via Myindici to ensure you get the best possible healthcare.
Yes, all prescriptions will be securely sent to you via email and your selected pharmacy electronically through the NZ ePrescription Service by your Practice Plus GP.
If you don’t want your notes to be shared with your regular GP, then please ask the Practice Plus GP, and they will not pass on your notes. Unless requested to do otherwise, the Practice Plus GP will share your notes with your regular GP, via Myindici to ensure that continuity of care is maintained.
Getting started with Practice Plus is as simple as 4 easy steps;
- Go to the Practice Plus website and register with your details.
- Choose whether to wait in the queue or book an appointment between 5-10 pm on weekdays, and 8 am-8 pm on weekends.
- Pre-pay for your appointment; you’ll only be charged after the session.
- Check your email for a link to the consultation 15 mins before your meeting time. Tap the link on a device of your choice and begin your consultation!
Proudly supported by East Health Trust PHO, Practice Plus prides itself on improving your access to primary care options.